"Happiness.....it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of the creative effort"

- Vincent Van Gogh



December 10, 2008

Christmas Nativities

My internet friend Kimberly had the idea to post pictures of all her Nativities on her blog so I stole her great idea! Thanks Kimberly!
This Nativity was given to me by my mom. I
remember it as a child, and had asked for it for years.
There is a wind-up music box that plays silent night.
There is another set of figurines with very European features,
but these are my favorite.
I painted and assembled this Nativity
scene at an Enrichment activity last year.

This Nativity came from a craft show and is
all hand painted with beautiful details.

This Willow Tree Nativity has been an ongoing
gift from my Mom and Husband. I have received a new
piece of the set each year for my birthday in September
so I would have it to enjoy for Christmas. Only one
piece left to complete the set!


This sweet little baby Jesus was made by my
talented friend, Susan Bailey, as a Christmas lesson
handout for the Young Women.

A sweet little ornament I bought this year!

Another ornament from a couple years ago.

A handcrafted Nativity I purchased at a craft show.
I love it so much I copied it and delivered it
as a "twelve days of Christmas" doorbell ditch gift for
a dear friend.

Homemade Nativity, so sweet and simple.

Cute Nativity magnets!


An itty bitty Nativity I display on a shelf
infront of a mirror by the front door.
Another itty bitty Nativty that was delivered
to us as a "twelve days of Christmas" surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment