"Happiness.....it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of the creative effort"

- Vincent Van Gogh



November 12, 2009

wants & needs.....

Not so long ago I was on a wanting binge (if i am honest it really hasn't ended).  I wanted new lip gloss, new jeans, new lights in the kitchen, new things (that I can't for the life of me remember what they are called) over the bathroom windows, new windows for that matter,  new carpet, new back yard, new car, new abs.....the list went on.  Oh yea and new shoes.  That is what started it all.  The shoes.



Why do I want what I know I can't have?  It is a defeating cycle.  want, get.  want, get.  want more.  ugh!  Nothing I needed, except of course those shoes.  mmmmm...... those shoes.  I had a dream about them.  I still want them. 

I think I do need them.

Wanting something can come in handy.  You want a clean house? - you put on those shoes your grungy clothes and clean.  You want muscle tone? - you put on, those shoes (although they could develop some amazing calfs), tennies and work it out.  You want to be healthier? - you cook at home and pretend you don't know the word butter.  wait a minute...that could be done in those shoes, with a little apron on!

Today was another day.  Yes, I still wanted a clean house (cleaner, actually since I cleaned Monday), but I didn't really need it.  I still wanted muscle definition, which would have taken effort that I didn't expend, but again I don't really need that either.  I still want to be healthier, so I won't tell how much butter is in the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I made today.  

but those shoes?
um, yeah...I think I need them.

maybe Santa will bring them for Christmas.










yes, I did humilliate my husband taking pictures, with my phone,
of myself trying on shoes in the store!
 i think me and kate could possibly be bff, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. i hope santa brings those shoes to you for christmas. maybe you can bribe santa and tell him you'll cook him a little something special (with those shoes on) if he came through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes, and your feet are perfect in them. It is meant to be.I hope I see those on your pretty feet the Sunday right after Christmas.If you need some elf intervention let me know. I am sure I can swing it.

    ReplyDelete